After a tooth extraction, you will feel poorly for a day or so. Your dentist will provide a list of dos and don’ts that you should follow after the procedure to ensure that you are back to your old self as quickly as possible. Follow these instructions after your tooth extraction Wheaton IL, as well as the tips and recommendations below.
· As indicated above, follow all care instructions provided to you by the dentist. These care instructions are provided for a reason and should be followed exactly.
· Do not eat or drink anything for at least two hours after the tooth extraction. This can cause an infection, tear the incision, and cause an array of other problems.
· Use gauze provided from the dentist to bite down on. This will stop the gums from bleeding and helps form a blood clot. The gauze shouldn’t be removed for a period of no less than one hour.
· Avoid strenuous activity after the extraction. This includes exercise!
· Ice packs work wonderfully to reduce swelling after a tooth extraction. Have these packs readily available when you arrive back home.
· Do not smoke after you’ve had a tooth pulled. You should avoid smoking for at least 48-hours, though it is a great time to consider kicking the habit once and for all.
· Use saltwater to rinse your mouth for 48-hours after the extraction. Rinsing two or three times per day is ideal.
It is scary to have a tooth extraction, but sometimes an unavoidable procedure. If it will help your overall dental care, you should not hesitate to schedule the procedure quickly. When you are prepared with tips for aftercare, the initial procedure seems far less scary. The information above is made to help you feel great after the extraction. Use it to your advantage!